0 Comment


Reception Admissions and Transferring Between Schools

Bolton Council is responsible for co-ordinating admissions into all schools for those families resident within the Bolton Metropolitan Borough.

This includes:-

  • Children starting school in Reception
  • Children wishing to change from one school to another school within the borough
  • Children who have arrived into the borough requiring a school place
  • Children wishing to move from an independent school to a school maintained by the Council
  • Children resident in the borough but requiring admission to a school in another borough

If you live in the area of another local authority then you must make an application through the school admission team for that authority.

Is There an Application Form I Need to Complete?

The Application Form that the Parents/Carers will be required to complete when requesting to transfer to a new school can be found below together with the Notes of Guidance.

You must ensure your child’s continued attendance at their current school whilst your application is being considered, however, it is recognised that for families who have moved into Bolton this may not always be possible. You must in such circumstances inform the Headteacher at their previous school of the arrangements you are making.

In Year Transfer Guidance Notes

In Year Application Form 

error: Content is protected !!