Literacy and Language
Literacy and Language is a complete literacy programme for fluent readers – all children in Years 2 to Year 6 read, write and discuss texts with maturity. The programme is totally aligned to the new National Curriculum in a fun and meaningful way. (View the curriculum matching grids)
Literacy and Language:
- Gives every child a deep understanding of what they read using complete texts by leading authors and introduced through the special ‘three-step’ approach.
- Fully prepares every child for writing using a planning, drafting and revising method.
- Teaches grammar in context so that children can apply it with understanding seamlessly in their own writing.
- Supports the grammar and punctuation aspects of the Key Stage 1 and 2 tests.
- Includes practice tests to build confidence prior to statutory assessment.
- Our literacy and language program develops children into articulate speakers where children reason and justify their answers and learn how to present and debate.
- We also engage children with drama and discussion: our children write confidently because they have something to say.
- Literacy and Language children write confidently and enthusiastically because they have a purpose and audience for their writing.
- Our children are given strategies to ask and answer questions.
- We fully demonstrate writing to our children and show them how plan, draft and edit their written work.
- We work collaboratively, using partner work to build resilient learners who enjoy being challenged.
- We strive to create a love of literacy in our pupils.
- And they love reading for pleasure – the biggest indicator of success.
Please click below for Literacy Policies:-
Literacy and Language Schemes of Work:-